Friday, March 23, 20188:00 pm
- In person
Works by Daoust, Evangelista, Fréchette, García Islas, Henry, Ledoux, Martin and Michaux.
A composition challenge posed to five young artists inspired by Evangelista’s work as they explore the infinite possibilities of the accordion and electronics. Also on the program, two works by our Homage Series composer, plus a recent work by Canadian electroacoustic music pioneer Yves Daoust, entitled Lily. [Peggy Niloff, translation and adaptation]
- Monodías españolas (1989)ExcerptArr. José Evangelista, 2017piano and accordionOriginal work: Monodías españolas
- Nuevas monodías españolas (1999)ExcerptArr. José Evangelista, 2017piano and accordionOriginal work: Nuevas monodías españolas
- Zooartefact #1 (2018), 5:00Premiereaccordion and processing
- Music for Alim (2018), 5:00Premiereaccordion, processing and fixed medium
- Border Swings (2017), 5:00Premiereaccordion and piano
- Musique d’art pour accordéon et électronique (2017), 5:00Premiereaccordion and fixed medium
- Mâ’lesh I — leurs étreintes bouleverseraient la mer (2017), 5:00Premiereamplified accordion, amplified violin and video
- Plume (1974-92), 15:00soprano and cello
- Lily [mixed version] (2011-12), 14:40PremiereArr. Yves Daoust, 2014-18accordion, violin and 4-channel fixed medium
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.