The contemporary group Freiburg Ensemble Aventure will present, on Friday 28th April in Freiburg (Germany) a concert entitled “Vive Vivier“ around the music of Claude Vivier, with compositions of tribute.
In the program:
- Claude Vivier (1948-83) — Samarkand (1981), for piano and wind quintet
- Johannes Fritsch (1941-2012) — Testament Vivier (1983), for wind quintet, piano and band
- Claude Vivier (1948-83) — Shiraz (1977), for piano
- Mark André (1964- ) — Da (2010-11), for Ensemble
- Marko Nikodjevic (1980- ) — Chamber of Darkness (2005) / Tomb of Claude Vivier, for a set of 15 musicians
This concert will be recorded for later broadcast on the SWR2 program JetztMusik via the website of this German radio frequency. The broadcast of this tribute program will take place on 24 and 31 May at 11:03 pm Freiburg time (5:03 pm in Montréal). This particular concert should — perhaps — be the subject of a podcast.
(To be continued…)
News written by Michel Joanny-Furtin and posted on Thursday, April 27, 2017.